This is one of those where you've gotta give the author some credit. It was pretty ambitious and for the most part, pulled off well. I have to agree with earlier reviews though - it looks as if you either didn't finish completely or just got sick of working on it and released as-is, a feeling which I certainly understand.
For those who wish to spend some time on this game know a few things:
1. Don't waste your time with mouse movement, use the arrow keys.
2. Knock the piss outta the first two levels and be prepared to spend a lot of time with stone monkeys to level up. Can get frustrating.
3. Don't count on skills to help b/c they seem to be unavailable much of the time (there's a nice little message that asks you to try again later though).
4. When attacking, your best friend (at least for assassin) is what I affectionately call the "undercut" - if you're standing somewhat "below" an enemy but still facing to either side, you'll be able to hit them and they can't seem to get you.
5. When you get your seventh mirror you'd better be leveld up pretty good, because you're going to go into a dogfight with a bunch of people and then Guardian. I was level 21 and he let me live for about three seconds. The autosave was locked at that point & I didn't have any more chance to level up, which was disappointing.
Overall, pretty good job.
Man this is just awesome. I can't tell you how impressive it is to see this in flash. I might have expected as much on a professionally-made console or PC game. Matter of fact, if you're not already that's the career path you should look into.
Very addicting indeed. I wish a network would pick this up, although i'm sure they'd have to lower the cash value. I'd love to play, even though I hate elevators...
I am positively devastated
The fact that it ended after one level killed me. That was about it. Good job!
Thank you for the improved buttons. Please I know I am a Classic Rock Noob but could we have like a halfway point so that one would not have to restart from scratch each time they screwed up?
Other than that no complaints!
TY! I will put that idea in Classic Rock Quiz 3! ty for the review!
This isn't bad. I like the story, and for some reason I like Jack's accent. If another came out I would ask for some slightly more responsive controls (the comment about the picture dragging is valid - you have to ask his name first I think) but otherwise it was pretty good and challenging too.
Keep it up. Can't wait for pt. 2
I can't quite explain why I enjoyed this so much, despite the rather epileptic meat monster at the end and his damn hard-to-hit weakness...
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.